Come and meet Hilda our 1000 litre Kothe still and learn how we produce our award-winning spirits. Our tours generally take place on the final Thursday of each month between 3p.m. and 5p.m. and the middle Saturday of each month from 1p.m. to 3p.m. (see calendar below) and are limited to ten people per tour. The tours are led by one of the co-founders/directors.
Tickets cost £20.00 per person in advance and include:
- A Henstone welcome drink on arrival (G&T or equivalent)
- An introduction to distilling and how we produce our spirits
- A tour of the distillery and our bonded warehouses (where our whisky is stored)
- A tasting of all our available products
- A Henstone departure drink (G&T or equivalent)
- 10% off any Henstone products purchased on the day
After the tour and tasting you are welcome to stay in our on-site bar, which is open until 7p.m. (Thursday, Friday and Saturday) and enjoy another drink and perhaps some food.
Take a look at the rolling 12 month calendar below and give us a call if you’d like to book ticket(s).
We ask that guests arrive by 14:50 for Thursday tours and 12:50 for Saturday tours so we can start promptly.
Questions and Answers:
- Why are the tours on Thursdays and Saturdays?
We are an operational distillery and for health and safety reasons can only do tours when the still is not in use. We have chosen Thursday and Saturday afternoons so we can plan around this.
- There are ten of us but we cannot make a planned Thursday or Saturday, what can we do?
We are happy to consider other dates if there is a group of up to ten people wishing to come along. The cost in advance would be £200.00 and we’ll discuss your needs with you and try to find a suitable date/time. Call for details if you are in this situation.
- I’ve bought a ticket for one particular event but cannot make it, what can I do?
We do not offer refunds. If, however, we can accommodate you on a different date we will do our best to meet your needs. Please call for details.
- Do you have parking facilities?
We have a large car park at the distillery.
- Is the tour suitable for disabled visitors?
Our distillery in on the first floor up a set of external stairs. It is difficult to access and we have no lift. The tastings and presentation/explanation of how we produce our spirits are done in the bar area which has wheelchair access.
- Is there a minimum age for the tours?
All tours have a minimum age of 18 as drinks and tastings are delivered as part of the package. If in doubt we will ask for proof of age.
- Can I buy tickets as a gift with no specific date on them?
Yes, we do sell tickets without dates. The person who receives the ticket will then need to contact us to book on a tour. We will do our best to meet the ticket holders requirements but as mentioned above, the tours are limited by number of guests and places are given on a first come first served basis.
Please call or email us for further details or to book tickets